duminică, martie 30, 2008

What Jesus Did! - Do It!





"Every person that hears these things I say and obeys is like a wise man. The wise man built his house on rock. It rained hard and the water rose. The winds blew and hit that house. But the house did not fall, because the house was built on rock.

But the person that hears the things I teach and does not obey those things is like a foolish man. The foolish man built his house on sand. It rained hard, the water rose, and the winds blew and hit that house. And the house fell with a loud noise."
- Matthew 7:24-27 (ERV)


THOUGHT:
While Nike® may have the trademark on the phrase "Just Do It!" Jesus certainly said it enough to claim original authorship of the concept. He is adamant: his teaching is not for philosophical enlightenment, nor for intellectual musings, nor just for Bible class discussions. The goal of his teaching is to help people understand what the will of God is and then do it.


PRAYER:
Father, help me today put into my daily routine one aspect of Christian growth that was not there yesterday. I want to do your will and honor you for the great love you have for me and for all that you have already done for me. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Related Scriptures:

After Jesus said these things, many of his followers left him. They stopped following Jesus. Jesus asked the twelve apostles, "Do you want to leave too?" Simon Peter answered Jesus, "Lord, where would we go? You have the things that give life forever. - John 6:66-68

I am your Lord and Teacher. But I washed your feet {like a servant}. So you also should wash each other's feet. I did this as an example for you. So you should do {for each other} like I did for you. I tell you the truth.

A servant is not greater than his master. The person that is sent to do something is not greater than the one that sent him. If you know these things, you will be happy if you do them. - John 13:14-17


Do what God's teaching says; don't just listen and do nothing. Why? Because when you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves. - James 1:22

Niciun comentariu: