duminică, martie 30, 2008

What Jesus Did! - Bottom Line!





When Jesus finished saying these things, the people were amazed at his teaching. Jesus did not teach like their teachers of the law. Jesus taught like a person that had authority (power).
- Matthew 7:28-29 (ERV)

THOUGHT:
That's the point. Jesus is not like the teachers of the Law. They're expertise came from knowing the many different interpretations of the Jewish Law over the years. Jesus comes and teaches us the heart of God's will in the Sermon on the Mount. It's the heart of the matter taught by one with all authority. This is not only truth, but it is the livable truth of God. You see, Jesus is more than Teacher, he is Master and Lord. His word is authoritative! So let's live it

PRAYER:

Loving and sacrificial Father, thank you for sending Jesus to be your living message and your authoritative Word. Bless me and please change me as I try to live out that authoritative message in my life. Give me strength, courage, and integrity as I seek to live to your glory. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

Related Scriptures:

But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." Then he said to the paralytic, "Get up, take your mat and go home."- Matt. 9:6

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - Matt. 28:18-20

9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. - Matt. 8:9-10

Niciun comentariu: