miercuri, ianuarie 02, 2008

What Jesus did? - for January 2



To All Nations - Matthew 1:1-6a

Key Thought
Matthew's Gospel, while in many ways the most Jewish of the Gospels, emphasizes God's love and grace for all people. At the beginning of Jesus' life on earth, he is welcomed by foreigners, Magi, who come from many miles away to worship him. At the end of Jesus' life on earth, he challenges his disciples to go tell every nation about him and his good news, baptizing them and welcoming them into God's family. Even in the genealogy of Jesus, Matthew prepares us for the fact that, by God's grace, all people can be included in God's family. In the lineage of great King David, and the Messiah Jesus, is a Gentile woman. Her name is Ruth, and her story is a marvelous story of God's grace and the faithful heart that finds its home in the God of Israel.


Today's Prayer
Father God, LORD of all peoples, please use my study of the Gospel of Matthew this year to awaken my heart to the needs of everyone to know about Jesus. Please give me more understanding and make me less judgmental of other cultures and races. Help me see your image in each person I encounter and see each one's need to know you as Abba Father. In the name of the Lord Jesus I ask this. Amen.

Niciun comentariu: