miercuri, ianuarie 23, 2008

What Jesus did? - for January 24




The Father's Delight in His Children - Matthew 3:16-17


Jesus was baptized and he came up out of the water. The sky opened, and he saw God's Spirit coming down on him like a dove. And a voice spoke from heaven. The voice said, "This (Jesus) is my Son and I love him. I am very pleased with him." (ERV)


Key Thought
While Matthew's focus in Jesus' baptism is the fulfillment of God's will and character -- "to fulfill all righteousness" -- God lets us know how delighted he is with his Son who is wanting to faithfully honor and obediently serve the will of his Father. God tells Jesus three things that all of us need to hear from our loved ones. They are also words we need to tell to those we love. God affirms his relationship with Jesus: "This is my Son!" God affirms his love for Jesus: "Whom I love." God affirms his joy in Jesus: "I am very pleased with him." If Jesus needed this affirmation at the beginning of his ministry and right before he faced temptation, don't those around us need it as well?


Today's Prayer
Worthy, holy, and faithful God, I want to live with passion obeying your Word, reflecting your character, and persuading those who are reluctant to follow. Inspire such passion in me through your Spirit and energize my life as I seek to live your will. I want you to be pleased and praised by what I live. In Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

Niciun comentariu: