miercuri, ianuarie 09, 2008

What Jesus did? - for January 10


Of Deceit and Joy - Matthew 2:7-10
Then Herod had a secret meeting with the wise men from the east. Herod learned from the wise men the exact time they first saw the star. Then Herod sent the wise men to Bethlehem. Herod said to the wise men, "Go and look carefully to find the new baby. When you find the baby, come tell me. Then I can go worship him too." The wise men heard the king and then left. They saw the same star they had seen in the east. The wise men followed the star. The star went before them until it stopped above the place where the baby was. The wise men were happy to see the star. They were very excited. (ERV)

Key Thought
Herod is that great reminder of Satan's design for us: he is a liar and murderer, and has been since the beginning! (See John 8:44.) Under the pretense of worship, Herod seeks to eliminate God's choice for the throne Herod thinks he himself occupies. Satan had so blinded Herod that he would even use the truth of prophetic Scripture to kill God's chosen Messiah. Thwarted only because of God's timing and will, Herod anticipates Judas, who will betray the Lord for another type of personal gain. A question we need to ask is this: "How many times have I betrayed him for nothing?"

Today's Prayer
Holy and Righteous Father, in the power of Jesus' name, please drive the influence of Satan's deceptions from my mind and heart. Give me the ability to see your truth and be protected from Satan's schemes to destroy me, my faith, and those I love. In Jesus' powerful name I pray. Amen.

Niciun comentariu: